The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families, particularly when a child is demonstrating further cause for concern or their learning need is more complex and persistent.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
Outside agencies may become involved after consultation with teachers, support staff, the Educational Psychologist and the Head Teacher.
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Learning Difficulties and Disability Support Service
- Behaviour Support Services
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- CAMHS Assessment Team
- Occupational therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Domestic Violence Service
- Social Care Direct
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.