At Burnside Primary School, we are committed to equality. We aim for every pupil to fulfil their potential no matter what their needs. Our School is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity for all children and families.
We aim to:
- Provide a secure and accessible environment in which all our children can flourish and in which all contributions are considered and valued.
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity.
- Provide positive non-stereotyping information about gender roles, diverse ethnic and cultural groups and disabled people.
- Improve our knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity.
- Make inclusion a thread that runs through all of the activities of the school.
At Burnside Primary School, we feel that we have a responsibility to increase each child’s knowledge, experience, and understanding as well as developing their capacity to learn. We recognise that for some children there may be more barriers to overcome in order for them to reach their full potential. The Head Teacher, Staff and Governors at Burnside are committed to the integration of children with special needs and helping them to succeed.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.